I can't handle this weather anymore...it is draining me!!! The only way I get through winter is knowing that eventually we will have a summer. Well, where the hell is it??? Honestly, it has been raining for a freakin' month. My plants on my deck have flooded. Today, I officially have no energy. Mind you I've been busy and running for days...but seriously where is the sun? ARGHHHH
June 30, 2009
June 27, 2009
Phew! A sleepover last night with a friend and a birthday party today with a total of 10 little girls. Rock Band was played most of the afternoon. The theme was Rock Star. What a time they had!!!! This house was loud! I'm exhausted, but Ty had a wonderful time.
Now I can't believe that 9 years ago today my little girl was born. The years really are flying by. I wish I could just hit pause once in awhile before she decides that Mommy isn't so cool anymore. I love the time we spend together....she is so funny, smart, talented and beautiful on the inside and out. Happy Birthday Tyler....I love you big! xoxo
June 25, 2009
We are all over the board....trying to decide if we want a pool or if we want a cottage. Not that I can afford either right now after Jody buying a car and me getting a new driveway. :) Part of me would love to have a pool...but Ty is scared of water even after all of the swimming lessons. The other part of me would love to get the hell outta dodge on the weekends and go to the lake. Actually, I'd really like to be on the ocean but that's too damn far away. All I know is that every weekend every summer is booked. I'm sick of it! Maybe if we had a cottage we wouldn't let anyone plan our summer away....
June 23, 2009
Spent the day at my Mom's house yesterday going through my Dad's workshop. Previously any time I spent in that shop I would cry .... being there reminds me so much of Dad. It was his place. Mom had sold all of the big tools earlier in the year after we researched what they all were and their value. This time we put together some tools that Mom would need and then I saved some tools that I wanted to add to our collection. I was always his helper with everything he built when I was younger. Hold this, get this, move this Lynn. Lots of memories with those dusty tools. Dad was so talented....carpentry, photography, stained glass, and wood carving. I have a few great pieces that he built for me in our home. Some we scratched together a plan on a piece of paper...others he built for me from the pages of my many decorating magazines. I had a few more ideas kicking around that I didn't have the chance for him to build for me.....maybe one day I'll do it myself.
June 22, 2009
So music affects me in so many ways. I couldn't imagine living without it. It helps me through everything. It can bring me out of a bad mood, motivate me in a workout, relax me or even keep me awake during a drive. In fact, songs often bring me to tears or give me goosebumps. Today as Tyler and I were driving to Nackawic to visit with Mammy the song "If Today Was Your Last Day" by Nickelback came on the radio. I started to sing along and then got emotional as I listened to the words...but not in a sad way....just in a way that reminded me we should live everyday as if it were our last....here are the lyrics.
June 21, 2009
This is my third Father's Day without my Dad. It's amazing how much you can miss someone when they are gone. For the longest time I would catch myself wanting to pick up the phone and call him and then realizing I couldn't do that anymore. My go-to-guy was gone. I depended on my Dad for advice about everything. I didn't always take his advice but he was happy to give it. :) My world is alot quieter without him.
I think my favorite memories of Dad are from camping every weekend as a child. My Mom would usually go to bed much earlier than us...but I was allowed to stay up with Dad at the campfire. He would drink beer and listen to music and we talked for hours. Wish I could go camping with him again....we could drink beer together, but I would definitely pick the music. Love you Dad! xo
June 19, 2009
Alright...been cleaning for two days straight for the Staff BBQ at our house tonight....of course it's gonna f@$%ing rain! No rain date 'cause our summer is too freakin' busy.
Oh well, nothing a few beers can't fix...
June 18, 2009
Remember when SNL used to have these in between skits. They used to make me laugh...
|"One day one of my little nephews came up to me and asked me if the equator was a real line that went around the Earth, or just an imaginary one. I had to laugh. Laugh and laugh. Because I didn't know, and I thought that maybe by laughing he would forget what he asked me." |
| -- Jack Handey|
k...so here is another note I posted to Facebook. My Mom had received this from a friend and sent it to me. I keep coming back to it. I really want it to be my mantra....life is too short!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Make time to practice meditation, yoga, and prayer.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did last year.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with mistakes of the past as that will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Smile and laugh more.
23. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
24. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful..
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
June 17, 2009
OK....so if you really know me you know that I am obsessed with everything Apple❤. Well today the new software for my iPhone came out. Loving the new features....the MMS, cut and paste and definitely the landscape keyboard. The new iPhone comes out on Friday and of course I have the "I want it and I need it" voices in my head. I have an opportunity to sell my iphone in July....so maybe I'll be able to shut those voices off. :)
I'm in the middle of 10 projects at once and getting ready for two different parties....Staff BBQ and Ty's Birthday Party. I need a freakin' cleaning lady! I just killed my 6 foot bamboo plant. I'm in a pissy mood. Did I mention that I'm PMSing? Family can get their own damn supper tonight. Thanks for listening. I feel better....
Arent' they cute? What a great bunch of friends Tyler has. Most of them have been in the same class for 4 years now...and one has been with her since preschool. It's so amazing to watch these little personalities grow and change each year. The picnic was a nice way to get together with parents to celebrate the end of the school year. Ahhhhhh.....no more alarms, no more packing lunches and snacks, or running back and forth to the school....summer fun is just around the corner! Ty is signed up for Drama Camp and is also hoping to be picked for Break into Business Camp this summer. We haven't heard yet. It's kind of like the Apprentice for kids LOL. My girl is always looking for a way to make some money. The camp starts with a business plan and all the steps involved until selling their product at the Farmer's Market. At her age I was completely into sports, but this girl wants to be a Pop Star✭ with great business sense :) .
June 16, 2009
Wouldn't you have loved to have a music teacher like this when you were a kid???? Perez posted this today "Our beloved PS 22 Choir in NYC's Staten Island has done one last song for the school year!"
Well, we finally got the good news on Saturday (during an impromptu BBQ). My Mom sold her house! I can't tell you the excitement that finally spread over me. What a great day! My Mom experienced every possible emotion that day....happiness, relief, and of course sadness. Dad has been gone for over two years now. He passed away suddenly from a stroke. Everyone's life changed that day...but no one more than my mother. Suddenly she had all the responsibilities in a very quiet household. With a house and a lot that were much too large for one to maintain....she decided to sell. So for the past two years my Mom has either been trapped in the past or in the future...finally she will now be in the present!!! We are excited to be having you move closer Mom! Now don't be a pain in the ass neighbor ;)
I added the following 25 Random things about me on Facebook recently. It kinda works like those forward quiz emails you get...'cept you write what you want about yourself without all the mind numbing questions....
1. I love summer...I love the heat, the smells, the sounds. I feel like a different person during the summer. Free....happy...relaxed.
2. I am addicted to anything celebrity. My favorite blog that I read daily is www.perezhilton.com Perez cracks me up and fills me in on all the celebrity dish for the day.
3. I regret not spending more time on my studies when I was younger. So much to learn and so little time.
4. I love photography. I enjoy taking pictures of my daughter the most. She is the most perfect little subject. :)
5. I'm trying so hard to be more "Green". In the past couple of years I've started to recycle and compost. My husband and daughter think that I'm a bit of a freak. David Suzuki is one of my heros!
6. Red is my favorite color
7. I hate windows....I changed to a Mac this summer and am addicted to everything Mac!
8. I read the "Twilight" series in 2 weeks. All 4 books. Loved it!!! Love Edward Cullen. Always had a thing for vampires since the Lost Boys :)
9. I adore my Yorkies. Digby and Gypsy are the cutest dogs in the whole world. You might think your dogs are cuter but I beg to differ...lol!
10. I miss my Dad more then I ever imagined possible.
11. I love to laugh....it feels so good to laugh. My husband makes me laugh every single day. It's one of the reasons I love him so.
12. I love gadgets. Yup, just like you Tan. Crazy for the newest gadget. Love them all. Want them all....NEED them all. Good thing my hubby loves gadgets too. LOL
13. I am a sucker for a good chick flick. Love snugling up on the couch and having a good cry. Good for the soul. Let's it all out.
14. I would love to return to school to be an interior designer.
15. I miss by best girlfriends...they are all too far away!
16. I love Yoga, but don't do it enough.
17. I love to cook, but I hate to clean the mess.
18. Red wine...mmmmmm
19. I wouldn't be able to live without music. I constantly break into song. I am that person that you see in a car all alone singing at the top of their lungs.
20. I want to be healthier but I'm a lazy ass that needs to move more and eat less.
21. I love to travel. Hotel life rocks. Tyler and I love to order room service....but we always have to convince Daddy that breakfast is best served in bed!
22. I love to dance! But at my age it's limited to weddings...uggghhh.
23. I'm a huge Howard Stern fan. I know that women should NOT love Howard...but I've loved Howard for way too many years! Used to watch him on E! And now I listen to him on the satellite radio every day!
24. I check the weather online everyday....like my Mother and her Father...I'm a weather freak. Kinda obsessed.
25. I don't want to get old...can't believe I'm gonna be 40 soon. Some days I feel like I'm still in my 20s...other days I'm convinced I'm in my 60s.....getting old sucks!
June 15, 2009
My hubby and I had an unexpected date night this pass Friday. What a treat....thanks Brenda and Andrew. The flick we decided to see was "The Hangover". The movie was hilarious. The premise was 2 days before his wedding Doug and 3 friends head to Vegas for a bachelor party that they completely forget. They even end up losing the groom. The movie had several LOL moments and I would actually watch it a second time. I wish the movie theatre would have been fuller (NHL Cup Final Night) because I feed off of everyone's laughter. Laughter is the best medicine!
Well I finally broke down and decided to try the blogging thing. Can't promise how long or how often I will actually keep up with it. The thing is I'm not a writer. Sure I like to keep in touch by email, but writing just to write is a whole different story. Plus my life really isn't that exciting. So what the hell am I going to write or ramble about....