June 21, 2009

Father's Day


This is my third Father's Day without my Dad. It's amazing how much you can miss someone when they are gone. For the longest time I would catch myself wanting to pick up the phone and call him and then realizing I couldn't do that anymore. My go-to-guy was gone. I depended on my Dad for advice about everything. I didn't always take his advice but he was happy to give it. :) My world is alot quieter without him.

I think my favorite memories of Dad are from camping every weekend as a child. My Mom would usually go to bed much earlier than us...but I was allowed to stay up with Dad at the campfire. He would drink beer and listen to music and we talked for hours. Wish I could go camping with him again....we could drink beer together, but I would definitely pick the music. Love you Dad! xo

3 comments:

simonne said...

Our world is definitely quieter without him for sure...

I thought...any fire was a good reason to sit beside and have a beer...be that a fire camp, fireplace, a candle on the table ...he enjoyed his beer!

Have one for him today...

Rachel said...

That's so nice, Lynn. I bet you miss him so much!

Hugs to you.

xo

Lynn Wheeler said...

Thanks Rach and Mom I did :)