June 23, 2009

Tool Time


Spent the day at my Mom's house yesterday going through my Dad's workshop. Previously any time I spent in that shop I would cry .... being there reminds me so much of Dad. It was his place. Mom had sold all of the big tools earlier in the year after we researched what they all were and their value. This time we put together some tools that Mom would need and then I saved some tools that I wanted to add to our collection. I was always his helper with everything he built when I was younger. Hold this, get this, move this Lynn. Lots of memories with those dusty tools. Dad was so talented....carpentry, photography, stained glass, and wood carving. I have a few great pieces that he built for me in our home. Some we scratched together a plan on a piece of paper...others he built for me from the pages of my many decorating magazines. I had a few more ideas kicking around that I didn't have the chance for him to build for me.....maybe one day I'll do it myself.

1 comment:

simonne said...

He was very talented ..and this morning someone was telling me how meticulous he was....