July 15, 2009

The Big Day!!!


Well, today is the big day. We are getting a new room mate. My Momma is moving in. I haven't lived with her since I was 18!!!! Am I freaked out? Ya...a little. Am I stressed? Yup...but I'm a stress bucket anyway. Am I excited? Yes, she is finally getting to open a new chapter in her life! Poor Mom, I think I have her stressed out with my reservations...but we are very different people. Mom has lived in silence for the last 2 years and that is how she likes it. Our house on the other hand is pure chaos. We like it loud and busy. Add two dogs and a hamster to the mix and I'm sure some days it will be just too much for her! I like my glass of wine....she doesn't drink. Her house is always neat and tidy, mine is usually a mess. We've set up the guest room for her as best we could to make her feel comfortable. She wanted me to remove the new bedding, it's white and she said she wouldn't feel comfortable to lay down on it. I put the old bedding, hooked up a TV....finally added curtains to that room. I also cleared out the closet to make some space for her. Now I have a pile of stuff to put somewhere in my closet. On another note we have too much shit and need to have a yard sale desperately!!! OK....something else to stress about ;)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Don't have a yard sale. Give it to Goodwill, the Salvation Army, whatever. Yard sales are waaayyy too stressful (as you noted) and you will feel better giving to charity. Besides, it's just a bunch of junk you don't want anyway. Right?

Have fun with your momma (she looks great, by the way). You are a brave, brave girl. As much as I love my mum, I think we would probably kill each other if we lived together!