September 27, 2009

Good Mourning


Finally sat down and watched the Grey's Anatomy premier entitled "Good Mourning". Wow....I cried through the whole thing. It dealt with the five stages of grief: Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. All of those things I have dealt with in the past few years after losing my father, the relationship with one of my best friends, the death of both of my cats, my mother-in-law being diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer and a few other things that I don't care to discuss on here. I guess the part of the episode that hit me the hardest was when Bailey described how she can't care anymore she has to stop caring so much; she cant keep feeling like this. I've been doing this for a few years now. Shut off so many of my emotions, lock them down deep inside. I used to be so involved with everyone's lives. My husband used to think I was everyone's therapist. I shut it off. Put up a wall. Developed the "I don't care attitude". Wow....this episode really resonated with me.

1 comment:

simonne said...

and all of these things and events made you into the beautiful caring woman that you are today...but with a difference...you are on your guards... you have become your own "bodyguard"...