September 24, 2009

Your Word....


I've been very irritated the last few days with people and their words or promises.

It started off with my Mother and her contractor....he's full of empty promises about when her house was going to start. Everyday I would watch my Mother become more upset with this man as he would promise .... "we'll be there tomorrow."

Now my story....well I recently brought some work to a local business. I was told it would be completed in 2 weeks. We are now about to go into week 4!!!!!!! I called her 5 times yesterday and she wouldn't answer the damn phone. Finally I got a hold of her when calling from a different number. She promised me the work would definitely be done today....guess what...it's NOT! I tried to calmly explain to her that nothing drives me more crazy then someone promising me something by a certain date and they are no where near having it finished. Don't give me a freakin' date! I told her that if it wasn't done by tomorrow morning I would be picking it up anyway. What pisses me off even more is that I know other people have been in and had work completed. Just because mine is a bigger job she keeps putting it off. Needless to say I will not be going back to this business....EVER.

Empty promises. Seems my life is full of them lately!

1 comment:

simonne said...

certainly puts a damper on trusting people's words...don't It!!!!!!

mom