October 16, 2009

Today















FOR TODAY...

Outside my window... cold and dark night
I am thinking...that the cold weather has shown up to quickly. I hate winter and it's going to be another long one.
I am thankful for... my husband and my daughter...they are my everything
I am wearing... gray sweats and a purple tank top
I am remembering...my Dad

I am reading..."You: Staying Young" by Michael Roizen, M.D. and Mehmet Oz, M.D.
I am hoping... to keep on the right track with being healthier.
.
Pondering these words... To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded! - Emerson

Around the house... been trying to clean and organize as of late.

One of my favorite things... my dogs
From my picture journal...above is a picture of my dogs enjoying some mid afternoon sunshine.


inspired by Rachel
check out her blog at Not-So-Plain Jane

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it! Isn't it great how we can take the same idea and make it our own? Now I am also pondering Emerson's words.

Hope you're doing well, Lynn. Good luck with the cleanse. I've done it twice (but only for 12 days each; not the long one you're doing). It was hard.

Beautiful dog photo. They're so sweet.

Lynn Wheeler said...

Thanks Rach.

I enjoyed your post so much I decided to play along ;). I bought a package of cards with inspirational words a few years back and Emerson's quote was my favorite. I go back to it often.

The cleanse is okay, but really tough. Miss my coffee and my wine....miss cooking flavorful meals instead of bland ones...LOL. After tomorrow I will only have one week to go! I feel great!

My puppies bring me such joy and give so much love. I know that you completely understand that.

Have a great day!