August 31, 2010

Orthognathic Surgery

I am making myself sick. My surgery countdown is on...10 more sleeps. I am now becoming f@$king terrified. I've just spent the last hour reading about the surgery. Looking at pictures. I want to vomit. I laugh when people say "well this is your choice". Is it? My bite is screwed....my jaw and neck are always hurting. I just want to feel like a normal person again. I just wish that Orthodontics had been different when we were kids. Today there are so many options for kids to hopefully avoid surgery. All I know is I don't want Tyler to go through this.



I'm crying as I write this...just finished begging my husband to take a few more days off. I need him home to help me the first week. I'm not going to be able to do anything. My head is going to basically look like a big bruised watermelon. I won't be able to talk normally for a month because I'll have a splint attached to the roof of my mouth. Bruising, swelling, pain, numbness....I just want to cancel the damn surgery.




2 comments:

Lynn said...

SteveG,

I received an email this morning with your comment. I'm not sure why your comment is not showing on my Blog. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with me. I really appreciate it. Tried to see if your name was connected to a Blog, but had no luck. Hope your surgery went well and that you are thinking it was all worth it :)

L

Tyler said...

I love you mommy♡